I ordered this product (Starry Night Set) a few weeks ago. In order to give it an honest and fair review I had to try on all the shade and test them. I really never had a good experience using gel nail polish but I decided to give this brand a try being that I am already obsessed with their essential oils. To my surprise this 6 piece gel polish set is amazing. Not only are the colors great but the length of wear without chipping is amazing!!!
This gel polish set comes with 6 8mL polishes.
- CL305 (Silver With Glitter and Shimmer)
- CL217 (Pearl White with Shimmer)
- CL237 (Dark/Deep Burgundy with Shimmer)
- CL281(Deep Blue with Shimmer)
- CL330 (Black with Shimmer)
- CL181 (Neon Pink with Shimmer
In order to use this product you will need a LED or UV lamp in addition to a base and top coat. It is recommended to use Lagunamoon’s base and top coat. Each polish had a unique way of applying. It took me a different amount of layers for each polish to get the look I desired. All the colors in this set are gorgeous however, my top two favorites are CL237 (Dark/Deep Burgundy with Shimmer) and CL330 (Black with Shimmer).
There are pros and cons to this product. The pros are that the colors are very nice, the length of wear is great, it does not chip easily and lastly it does not have a chemical smell like many other gel polish have. The con is that the nail polish bottles are black and you can’t see what color you are choosing unless you open the nail polish bottle also the colors do not have names they have two letters and several numbers.
Final thoughts: If you are looking for a cruelty-free gel nail polish definitely give this one a try. The gel polish is very simple to apply and if you need extra guidance there is a how to use page on their website. Over all I do recommend this product and I can’t wait to try more colors! Also don’t forget to try the essential oils by far they are one of my favorites.
How to use:
- Sanitize the nails and hands.
- Clean the surrounding nail plate.
- Shape the nail using a file.
- Remove the shine using a buffer.
· APPLY COLOR
- Apply a thin layer of LAGUNAMOON™ Base Coat.
- Cure in a UV Lamp for 1 minute or LED lamp for 30 seconds.
- Apply a thin layer of LAGUNAMOON™ gel polish color from cuticle to free edge. Be sure to seal the edges.
- Cure in the nail lamp.
- Apply a second layer and then cure again. Only apply a third layer if needed.
· SEAL IT
- Apply a layer of LAGUNAMOON™ top coat.
- Remove the inhibition layer with a cleanser and lint-free wipes.
- Massage cuticle oil the skin around the nail plate.
How to remove:
- File off the top coat gently.
- Soak cotton pad with acetone, then wrap around each nail tightly with tin foil, and leave it for around 10 minutes or longer.
- Use an orange stick or a cuticle pusher to remove softened gel gently.